Sunday, January 1, 2012

La Nouba


This will be a short blog entry (phew, I hear you say). La Nouba is my favourite Cirque du Soleil show and even though we were here to do Disney parks I was very excited when we were able to get tickets to see the show on our final night. It was made all the better as well when we had tea at our now favourite diner, "The House of Blues". The best burger I have ever had was devoured at this cool music themed restaurant. I'll never forget the Juicy Lucy Burger - Certified Angus Beef and applewod bacon patty stuffed with cheese, topped with crispy pickled jalapenos and chipotle mayo on a potato bun. I'm salavating on the keyboard.

Anyway, I digress. The main reason why this is my favourite Cirque du Soleil show is because of the amazing sequence at the end of the show. A large three dimensional building rises from the center of the stage and the floor slides apart to reveal the long Fast Track (speed trampoline) underneath. Two bigger trampolines lower and position themselves on the sides of the building. The performers hurtle down the Fast Track doing acrobatic flips and tricks while two main characters do somersaults and death defying jumps off the side of the building. It's an amazing spectacle. Check this out.


No comments:

Post a Comment