Sunday, February 6, 2011

Niagara on Ice


So here we are, on our way to Niagara once again. Any one would think we love this place or something. Well to be quite honest, I could live in this region. Any time of year it just seems to be so picturesque and action packed!

I'm not sure if you all have seen the first Narnia movie or for those of you who love to read, the scene in the first Narnia chronicle that describes the snow queen's palace, well that was Niagara...a snow palace...if you can transform it in your minds. Truly spectacular and of course my photos do not do it justice.

This trip was a short one today, just to get some pics in as we had seen and heard about Niagara's beauty on ice; and this is my thing, I just love to wonder and take photos, there are things you can see through a camera lens that you can't see when you have everything else to observe, it's more personal somehow.

Then off we went to one of my tacky but favourite haunts; Planet Holleywood. I do love a good movie montage, especially the very famous 'When Harry Met Sally' moment just as you go to bite into that 1/2 pound burger, followed by a big aria sung by the none other than the brilliant Josh Groban. How can life get much better than this!



















 
Roxy had a little play herself as the snow was quite deep down here in Niagara. Hopefully you get a gist of the action shots I took.






1 comment:

  1. Just loved these pics - Niagara sure looked different when we were there. It was Canada day I remember & they lit it all up with beautiful fairy lights. Ian & I sat out on our hotel balcony with a pizza & bottle of wine & just took it all in. It is an amazing sight. But we do love your views of it. xx

    ReplyDelete